Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas!

Christmas was so much fun this year with Amelia! She loved to play under the Christmas tree! Our tree looked kinda funny with all the regular ornaments up high and only wooden and non breakables down towards the bottom but I liked it.  I tried to treasure all the moments like when she pulled all the ornaments she could reach off the tree and put them in her mouth.



Since we were going to see Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas, Grammy and Papa sent some presents early for Amelia to enjoy.  This was a special book - when we opened it Grammy's voice was reading to Amelia.  The look on her face when she heard Grammy's voice was so sweet.

This fun cat and mouse read a large portion of "Twas the Night Before Christmas"


Thomas family Christmas tree 2010

A few days before Christmas we loaded up and headed for North Carolina with our car completely packed!


One of our family traditions is making sugar cookies in fun shapes and decorating them with sprinkles and icing.  Christmas Eve was so special this year- my Dad read the Christmas story and we sang as many Christmas carols as we could think of!  What can I say- we are a musical family.  Amelia even started clapping while we were singing- she hadn't really done that before.  Amelia also played with her Little People Nativity set.  My younger brother (who will be a famous pastry chef one day soon) made us all kinds of yummy treats! Dan and I were so excited about experiencing the traditions and fun of Christmas morning with our sweet baby girl.

Christmas morning!


Let's see what Santa brought . . . hmmm


This present wasn't even hers . . .

but she loved the bows and the ribbons







I didn't even try to get pictures of Amelia opening her presents.  She moves too fast for our camera to capture it- plus I was too busy just enjoying the morning :)

Grandpa was playing with Amelia- blowing in her face. She wasn't too sure at first but then she liked it :)

Christmas + family + adorable 9 month old baby girl = sweet memories

No comments:

Post a Comment