I am officially past the first trimester! So far this pregnancy has been different from my pregnancy with Amelia. I had about 2 weeks of the classic "morning sickness" which lasted all day a few of the days- never had that when pregnant with Amelia. After that passed then it was the evening food aversions. The food aversions when I was pregnant with Amelia were all to meat- I couldn't stand to look at meat (but only in the evening- I had no problem at lunch). This time it's not really one thing or another. I actually wasn't really feeling hungry at all- I felt like I had just had a huge meal and was completely full- all day long. Makes it hard to eat when you already feel so full. One thing similiar to before- I crave carbs. Breads, rice, pasta, mac N cheese- and of course ice-cream. Now that I am out of the crazy 1st trimester- my eating habits are finally getting back to normal again :)
| Amelia and I surprised Daddy with a basket full of newborn things :) |
It seems I might be carrying this baby right out in front. At the last appointment when we got to hear the heartbeat- the doctor put the probe on and there, loud and clear was the heartbeat- around 160. Such a neat sound to hear- hard to describe- but forever stored in my mind! At that same appointment with Amelia, they could not find the heartbeat- Amelia was hiding further back in so we got another ultrasound.
At this first appointment- we discovered I was only about 6 weeks along so Baby #2 was only about the size of a grain of rice :) at this ultrasound.
Next ultrasound will not be until I'm around 20 weeks pregnant- then we can find out if Amelia is going to have a little sister or little brother! Amelia is going to be a great big sister!
No comments:
Post a Comment