Friday, September 21, 2012

8 Months Old

Luke is 8 Months Old.  Wow!  Time is just flying by.  Here is what my snuggle bug is up to now:



Luke is wearing all 9 month clothes and starting to wear 12 month pajamas.  I have pulled out some short sleeve 12 month shirts as well.  The 12 month pants on the other hand just swallow him up!  He is still wearing size 3 diapers and he is filling up size 2 shoes.



Loves when I sing his song "You'll be in my heart".  It's from our Disney CD- I think from the movie Tarzan.  Anyway- Amelia's song is "Whole New World" from Aladdin and I just couldn't sing a princess song to him so I started with "You'll be in my heart".  At first I didn't think it did much good- singing didn't seem to effect him like it did Amelia but now- oh my.  This boy will just start grinning and cooing when I start singing his song.  Amelia will even sing it to him when he starts getting fussy or crying. 



Sleeping- he is still sleeping through the night!  He will take a quick 30 minute nap in the mornings; if we are home and I lay him in his bed it will be about an hour.  In the afternoons he will sleep for 1.5 to 2 hours.  The past week or so it has been much shorter but I think that is due to him teething. Rarely takes the catnap in the evenings anymore.



Eating:  Luke LOVES food. We have now added meats and yogurt and he just devours anything you give him.  The first time he had chicken- was the day before he turned 8 months old- he kept saying "Mmmm" after each bite. I am still making most of his baby food- but I not too sure about pureeing meat so we have been buying those :) I've tried giving him the puffs but he still can't quite pick them up and get them in his mouth.  He does love his sippy cup of cold water.  I think it must feel good on his gums because he chews on it more than he drinks at this point.




He has the bottom two teeth coming in.  The one on his left poked through first followed by the other a couple of days later.  He is a trooper though- the drooling is not bad, only a slight fever the past day or two, and he is still sleeping all night.  Soo different from his sister. 


Almost crawling!  He wants to move SOO bad.  He will get on this belly and stretch out his hands to try to reach a toy. Then he will get up on his hands and knees and rock and then try to push himself forward with his feet.  He hasn't figured out yet how to coordinate between his hands and knees.  He is soo close though.  Hopefully he will not be so whiny when he can finally move and get around.



look of concentration- he is trying to figure something out


Talks all the time- said "Mama" first!  It totally made my day!  He first said it the day before he turned 8 months old.  Now he has also said "Dada".  Usually the sounds he makes are the "mama", "baba" and "dada". 


Does not really put anything in his mouth except his hands.  He will NOT take a paci. When I try to put toys up to his mouth for him to chew on he will for a brief moment and then he would just rather bang it around and put his fingers in his mouth.  He doesn't suck on his fingers - it's really more like he is chewing to help the teething. 



Luke really likes to snuggle when he is going to sleep.  He especially likes his blue silky blanket- to be snuggled up and warm.  Well we are getting his silky blanket monogrammed so I put in this lovey during his nap time for him to snuggle with.  I think since we used the silky blanket so much he just is comforted by the feeling of the silky material.




Luke adores his big sister.  He lights up when he first sees her in the morning or after nap time.  She has been totally into him lately- wanting to "play" with him.  Basically she grabs his hands and moves them all around while she sings to him or she will give him big hugs that almost knock him over.  Poor little guy.  He loves it at first but after a little while- he starts to get whiny and I have to let Amelia know that Luke's needs some play time by himself.  She loves to help me change his diaper and get him dressed in the morning as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment