After spending a few days with our friends- we loaded up and headed further east over the mountains to Jellystone Park campground. We tent camped for several days and overall had a great time.
Oh the joys of camping with a toddler . . . who doesn't understand he has to stay in the campsite . . . and there is NO baby gate big enough to keep him in. Plus a nearly 8 month pregnant Momma who has a hard time getting up out of the camping chairs quickly. Needless to say . . the Daddy spent a lot of time chasing after Luke!
peek-a-boo
they didn't actually sit in these chairs very much- they were ALL over the place!
making ice-cream in a bag
it came out pretty good- just never got very firm, more like a milkshake
Luke preferred the gummy bear toppings
Spent a LOT of time at the pool
the only picture of me from the camping part of our trip- I was pretty miserable the whole trip except for when we were at the pool. BUT I loved spending time with my family in the great outdoors- just not again when I'm 7 months pregnant.
Daddy and Amelia enjoyed the water slide
the tent was so hot we had the kids lay down outside for naps . . .
Looking back I think I was CRAZY to go camping at 7 months pregnant! I was so HOT- the whole time. Even at night. Even sitting in the shade- so during nap time we would get in the van and the kids would crash. We would drive somewhere- let them get an hour nap in and then we would do something fun. One day we went and got ice-cream. Another day we went to Linville Caverns- ahhh, yes. The coolness of the cave was soo nice- it was actually comfortable to me :)
Daddy and the kids on a hayride . . . lots of singing and laughing :)
We did have a lot of fun on our camping trip . . . I know we will do it again. I did have fun- even amid being miserably hot. But anywhere we would have gone would have been a challenge at 7 months pregnant- so I'm glad we got to do something and Dan and I both love- camping :) before our baby girl arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment