34weeks! We plan to hang the quilt up over the dresser/changing area on the other wall. We purchased the letters to spell out baby girl's name and those will hang with ribbon on the wall over the crib. I am probably going to do the decoupage technique with fabric for the letters- but you won't be able to see that part until she is born.
We have received a couple of fun packages this week as well. The first was from my brother and his wife who have a baby girl that was born last March 21! So the cousins will be almost exactly 1 year apart! They sent all kinds of goodies including a nice baby medicine set- I never would of thought to have that on hand until I needed it. Good thing for friends and family that have experience to give us advice and what we will need.
The other package from Target came courtesy of a family in our church- they ordered the rest of the things that match the bedding set. Unfortunately it was an online only product so I wasn't sure if anyone would do that- I was so tickled to open it up and see the valance, diaper stacker, mobile and a crib sheet! As soon as we get the new mattress I can set the crib all up! I can't wait!
I have seen our cat Lily investigating all the new baby stuff several times. She is very good at investigating! :) Well this past week, I have found her trying out some baby sleeping places- I guess she is just giving her paw of approval that they will be comfortable for the baby. I've heard that you should put balloons in the crib to keep the cat out and scare the cat away from being near the crib. I definitely don't want the cat jumping up in there when the baby will be in there- not good. This was the first time I caught her in the crib- I will have to buy some balloons!
The bassinet is in our master bedroom- which Lily is not allowed to go in due to Dan's allergies. The door sometimes gets accidentally left open and I have found her twice in the past couple of weeks all curled up under the canopy in the bassinet. She knows she is not supposed to be in the room so its hard to get a picture of her before she runs out.






No comments:
Post a Comment