Monday, March 8, 2010

38 weeks! 2 weeks to go (give or take)

I can't believe I am already at 38 weeks. At times, it seems like the time has flown and at other times I am just so ready to hold my baby girl.  The closer it has gotten the more and more I am ready for the pregnancy part to be over and the mommy part to officially begin! 



The main question I get all the time: how am I feeling?  Overall I am feeling good- besides the being uncomfortable all the time part. I have been having contractions off and on and they do seem to be getting stronger.  At our last Dr's appointment I was 1-2cm dialated and 50% effaced.  The doctor said it could be anytime.  My bag is packed and the baby's room is officially all ready! (pictures below)  My fingers have been slightly swollen for several weeks now ( you may have noticed in the pictures that I will wear my wedding rings on a chain around my neck).  My feet get swollen if I am up on them for awhile. Dan has to help me put on socks now and at home I am usually barefoot or wearing my slippers.  I feel like I run to the bathroom all the time and getting up and down from a chair or the couch has become a chore.  At night, I toss and turn from one side to the other (which is a chore in and off itself) because my hips get achy. Luckily the bad heartburn has gone away mostly- now that she has dropped some.

Amid all this, I am very blessed to have such a "easy" pregnancy.  I have not had any complications or issues that other women I know have had to deal with. God has been so good to us and we thank him every day for this wonderful blessing growing inside me.  Although I wish she would make her appearance sooner than later-I am trusting God's timing that she will come when she is good and ready!


Our church had a very sweet fellowship for me on Feb. 28th- my last day. They were sad to see me leave my position but excited that I want to be a stay-at-home Mom. They are really looking forward to meeting our baby girl too! Dan is enjoying his work-he has gotten to do some exciting new projects. Now I have been cleaning up our house, washing little baby things, and resting/slowing down. 



















when you enter the baby's room- this corner is just to the right

















Her name will be put above the crib later this week- although I can't post any pictures of that until after she is born :)
















Her crib all ready to go!



 
The inside of the crib



 
The other wall has the changing table/dresser right by the closet door


 
the adorable matching valance- with the cute butterfly rod we found a Lowe's



 
This little dresser used to be teal, purple and gold- I painted it all white and added new purple daisy knobs for the drawers




1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so cute; I can't wait to see it all in person... of course it will look cuter with a baby in there, though. It will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete