Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Catching Up- Amelia's 1st week
What a crazy and amazing first week! I am slowly getting used to sleeping in 2 or 3 hour segments. We are very blessed though that Amelia started going about 4 hours in between feedings at night! She is such a good baby and we can't wait until she starts to smile. Dan had a difficult time going back to work but Amelia and I try to get in plenty of naps during the day so we don't miss Daddy too much.
At her first doctor visit at 4 days old- she weighed 7lb and 6ozs. The doctor was very impressed with her and said we make beautiful babies and recommended that we have 4 or 5 more! :)
Gotta have a silly picture with Daddy!
On Sunday, March 28th we celebrated my 30th birthday! I can honestly say that having a baby girl is the best present I will ever get and made this birthday so special. My parents were still here helping us out and my Mom made my favorite meal- chicken and homemade noodles. Dan surprised me with an ice-cream cake especially made for me from Marble Slab. I received several nice gifts including a charm bracelet that you can add charms to. There are three charms now- one is a heart with little pink footprints, one is a barrel with the letter "A" on it and the third charm is Amelia and my birthstone.
Happy 30th Birthday Mommy . . . Love Amelia
Our dogs have all been introduced to Amelia. Daisy, our blue merle that had hip surgery recently, just loves Amelia. She will come up and gently lick her hand or just lay her head on the couch near Amelia. The other dogs are outside all the time so they have not had as much exposure- but they are very curious about Amelia, especially when she is crying.
My parents were able to stay with us for about a week and it was such a blessing! Dan and I were both spoiled and the new Grandparents just loved to hold Amelia. This is their second granddaughter and they treasure the moments they can spend with us and their granddaughters. We do not live close together (my brother and his wife and little girl Kira live in California, we live just outside Chattanooga, TN and my parents live just outside Raleigh, NC). They had a hard time leaving at the end of that week!
Our one week old sweetie!
"Look at me- I'm one week old!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment