Thursday, June 21, 2012

See the animals

Amelia talked nonstop about "see the animals" when I explained that we were going to the zoo with some friends from church a couple of weeks ago.  It was a Preschool Fun Day- families from our church met up at the zoo for a fun morning and picnic lunch.  She is STILL talking about it!  Now when I ask her to guess where we are going- that is usually the first place she says . . . see the animals!  We are definitely going to have to go back soon. The zoo here is pretty small- we walked through the whole thing in under 2 hours . . . but it does have some fun animals and Amelia LOVED it!

checking out the turtles


oooh jaguar




Out of all the monkeys- Amelia seemed to like these really active ones the best


"smile"







At the petting zoo area, Amelia walks past all the goats and miniature horses for this . . .

finally convinced her to pet one of the 'baby' goats

Amelia and her friend from church

I wasn't sure her braids would make it all day-they are still holding on

Carousel: she was a bit afraid at first- even though she wanted to to do it- I carried her on and she started to cry but I got her calmed down by having her look at the other kids from church.  This was her face when it started . . .






Right after this picture the carousel stopped and Amelia had a fit!  She did NOT want to get off- she kept saying "More please!"  "More please!" then proceeded to kick and scream and cry as I carried her off. 


Amelia told me (yes, she told me) to take her picture with Luke.  She said, "I take picture with Luke".  Such a sweet big sister. 

Couldn't get a smile out of her for this picture but we had a blast at the zoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment