Monday, May 10, 2010

1st Mothers Day & Baby Dedication



 My first Mother's Day as a mother was full of special treats!  The most special part of the day was during the Sunday morning service when Dan and I dedicated Amelia to the Lord.  Dan talked for a couple of minutes about Amelia- how special she was and explained that our greatest hope for her is to come to love the Lord more than she loves us.  The pastor shared a few words and then prayed for us as Amelia's parents, for Amelia, and for the church family that commited to come alongside and support us.  That is definitely a memory I will treasure forever!  A  photographer that is a member of our church took some pictures during the ceremony and right after- I will put up those pictures as soon as we get them.  For now, enjoy this picture we took right after church.
















The other treats I enjoyed on my 1st Mother's day included a special breakfast with a favorite drink- chocolate milk, a dozen roses, chocolate brownies, a trip to Marble Slab (my favorite ice-cream place), and dark chocolate and strawberries to make in our fondue pot.  I also plan to take Amelia to a pottery place this week and to put her little footprint onto something (a plate, or picture frame or something). 

Amelia was not enjoying the camera on Mother's day- all the pictures we tried to get she would start screaming.  We took a lot of pictures to just get the few here that came out pretty well.  Enjoy!












































































































No comments:

Post a Comment