Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Camping- Part 2

These pictures didn't come out as well overall because they were taken with our video camera.  Unfortunately I forgot to bring our camera charger and it died.  Anyways, we enjoyed the beauty of the outdoors at the peak of the fall leaves according to Fall Creek Falls State Park. We saw several deer, a skunk near the bathhouse and some raccoons (read on to hear more).

Amelia's "happy camper" bib- she played in her pack-n-play at our campsite


The first night was VERY cold and we all bundled up (I think it was in the low 40's). Amelia started out sleeping in her pack-n-play but woke up crying and I brought her in bed with us since it was so cold.  Dan and I were freezing most of the night even with a sleeping bag, blanket, and a quilt.  However, Amelia was sweating all snuggled in between Dan and I so I ended up taking off her fleece sleep sack and hat- at least she was warm for the night. 


The next day we headed out to see the falls!  Cane Creek cascades were barely a trickle but we had fun walking down to Cane Creek Falls (also barely a trickle).  Dan loves to do this pose whenever we are near the edge of a cliff or drop off.


Daddy and Amelia in an awesome pile of leaves

Amelia loved playing in the leaves- she didn't eat as many this time.



Ready to go hiking- in her personal chariot

On our way to Fall Creek Falls, Amelia fell fast asleep. Hiking is just so tiring for a little baby!

Amelia and Mommy- with Fall Creek Falls in the background

Daddy and Amelia- different view of Fall Creek Falls

On the way back we took a trail to an overlook and this is what we came to- not much of an overlook so Dan decided to take a funny picture.

That night was perfect! We enjoyed a big fire, BBQ chicken, cool breeze and a big moon. At bedtime it was cool enough to snuggle down in the sleeping bag but not too cold.  I awoke to a crash and rustling leaves- a quick peak outside the tent and I discovered 3 raccoons trying to get into our blueberry muffins and chocolate chip cookies. Dan quickly came to the rescue and scared them off and put some things in our car- it was about 2:30 AM.  Amelia woke up and would not sleep in her pack-n-play.  She would be sound asleep in my arms and as soon as I laid her down she would wake up and scream.  After doing this several times I gave in and put her in bed with us again.  So another night of mommy not sleeping well and this time Amelia kept waking up and crying every so often.  Rough night which made for a morning filled with whining.  After her morning nap she was much happier for the ride home.

On the way back home we stopped in at Guthrie Pumpkin Farm and Corn Maze


Amelia picked herself a little pumpkin

She was so curious about the pumpkin that we could not get her to look up at the camera for anything!  She also loved the hayride- not sitting like the other babies though.  She wanted to stand in Mommy's lap and see everything.

Her shirt says "Daddy is under my spell"


She got so silly and was smiling at everything!

Dan wanted to check out an old tractor



Amelia just loved holding onto the steering wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment