Friday, May 11, 2012

Big Girl Bed

Shortly after our trip to Florida, we caught Amelia trying successfully to climb out of her crib.  It was time. Time for the toddler bed.  I knew it would come- I only hoped it was after Luke was sleeping through the night . . . and lucky for me it was. 

Here is my sweet girl for her first nap in her Big Girl Bed!



Look at the excitement on her face






sweet sleeping girl- even though we call her a "big girl" now- she will always be my baby girl


How did she do?  The first few days she did great!  She stayed in her bed and would read the 2 books we let her have and then go to sleep.  After those first few days Amelia realized she could get up and move around her room- we had to put a gate up on her door and stay nearby to catch up and keep putting her back in her bed.  This was only at naptime.  At bedtime- she stays in her bed and will sing or talk but then go to sleep.  After a couple of weeks of getting out of bed and having me put her back in bed over and over again, I think she finally has it all down now.  She will even tell me as I tuck her in for her nap "stay in bed, mommy, I stay in bed." 

No comments:

Post a Comment