Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mother's Day





This year we took the kids to a local pottery place and made a fun plate with both of their handprints. It was a little crazy though- the hand printing part didn't come until the end.  First we had to paint the plate with 3 coats and then figure out what design we were going to do.  Dan was great- he kept walking around with Amelia and Luke so I could furiously paint away.  At the end we got both kids hand prints on the plate.  I can't wait to pick it up.

Mother's Day morning I was getting ready for church and was told to get back in bed for breakfast.  I was so surprised . . . both kids were still sleeping so I had a nice quiet breakfast in bed!  While feeding Luke at church I did the call ahead seating for Olive Garden and the timing worked out perfect.  By the time church was over, we picked up the kids, and got to Olive Garden they were calling our name!

Only down side to the day . . . I had outfits picked out for me and the kids that coordinated- so we could take some fun pictures out by our swing like we have done the past couple of years.  Well first off- it was raining . . . like ALL day.  After Luke's morning feeding he spit up ALL over his outfit.  Somehow Amelia messed up her cute dress- can't remember if it was at lunch or what.  So we ended up with a completely mismatched outfits for our picture- but hey, I wouldn't trade these two kiddos for anything!

A sweet moment I will always treasure- Amelia said "happy mudders day mommy!"





Flashback:


1st Mother's Day- 2010

Mother's Day-2011





No comments:

Post a Comment