Wednesday, July 28, 2010

4 Months old; 7-23-10

Amelia turned 4 months old the end of last week.  She is growing and changing so fast!  We go next week for her 4 month check-up so I will post then how much she weighs and her length.  Amelia will now roll over almost all the way.  She will get her leg over and lean her shoulder but not quite all the way yet.  She loves to talk and loves music.  Any toys that make music or when Dan or I sing to her she just is captivated.  Her new favorite toy is a group of flowers that have textured petals.  When she grabs the petals it will play a song and the flowers light up!  Amelia is now taking a nice 1 - 1 1/2 hour nap in the morning and a great 2 hour nap in the afternoons.  She has also discovered that she can stand up (with us holding her steady)- but she just loves to stand.  We are getting her a jumperoo this weekend at our local consignment sale and we are hoping she will love it.  She has not quite found her feet yet- although just yesterday she grabbed both of her legs just below her knees.  In the evenings, she loves to go outside!  We usually take a walk around our neighborhood or play with our dogs in the backyard.  Amelia is just fascinated watching the dogs run around playing fetch.

Amelia just loves her Daddy.  If I am feeding her right when he gets home from work or first thing in the morning, as soon as she hears his voice she will stop eating and turn her head to look at him with a huge grin on her face.  As he greets her with a kiss and talks to her, she will smile and coo for a minute before I can convince her to finish eating.  Our new favorite sound- hearing Amelia laugh.

I am going to have to get more creative with the pictures with the bear.  Amelia will just not sit still in her crib or propped up in the glider.  It took two days to get some good pictures this time.

The final product was worth all the difficulty.  I finally got a sweet smile :)


Day one- started off in the crib like the past several times.  Amelia would wriggle around so much I could never get a good picture.



So I tried propping her up with the bear in the glider rocker . . . and this is what happened.


So I moved her to the floor . . . hoping that laying on her back would be better. Not so much at first- she kept grabbing the paper- I think she liked the crinkly sound it made.

 Finally I caught a smile :)


 


Serious baby

On to day two- I'm really hoping for a big grin with the bear and the sign.  Is that too much to ask an active 4 month old?



I love her little feet up in the air here

She may look innocent






Finally! We are on a roll now!

or so I thought . . .

Amelia is so much fun- I love my sweet baby girl so much and praise God for this amazing blessing!  I treasure these special moments and memories . . . she is growing up so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment