Thursday, July 26, 2012

Big Sister update

I haven't done a post about my big girl in awhile- what a crazy and silly little sweetheart I have.  I know that's a lot of descriptive words that really don't seem to go together but they do for my 2yr old.  At times she is just the sweetest thing ever- playing with her baby dolls or singing songs.  Other times she is silly and jumping everywhere.  The crazy part- when she is just being 2yrs old.  The typical 2yr old tantrums- Amelia will lay on the floor and cry.  She will yell "NO"!  She gets very frustrated when she cannot do something she wants to do- like take the clothes off her baby dolls AND putting clothes back on her baby dolls (could be why all of her baby dolls are naked!). She loves all things princess- and still love Minnie Mouse.  She loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and her favorite movies:  Cedarmont Kids Silly Songs or Action Bible Songs and Leap Frog Letter Factory.

Her "princess" smile

Amelia can recognize just about all the letters of the alphabet and can tell you what sound they make!  She still LOVES to sing.



Flashback- Amelia's first time in her camping chair- she was 5 1/2 months old. Oh my how she has grown!



She loves her little brother!


She LOVES going to church. She likes to pray before we eat and at bedtime.  She LOVES to read bible stories at bedtime.  Her daddy taught her that "the Bible is true, the Bible is real". She repeats it anytime we mention the Bible. She also likes to repeat that "the Bible says obey Mommy and Daddy".  Now if I could only get her to follow that . . .


Amelia has also reached another level of potty training!  She has been fully potty trained at home- going by herself to the potty and hardly ever having an accident.  But we always just put her in pull-ups when we went out.  I didn't want to deal with an infant and cleaning up her accidents out in public or racing to the potty with 2 of them by myself.  It was finally time-she was ready all along- it was just inconvenient for me and I was being selfish. I felt bad because she wanted to go to the potty- and not in her pull-up.  So we switched to using plastic panties over her regular panties and after several outings with an accident once or twice- she's good!  Now she only wears pull-ups for nap time and of course overnight. 


At times I'm so ready to be past this 'terrible twos' phase but on the other hand I don't want her to grow up too much yet. I love her sweet kisses and huge choke me hugs.  I love how she says "mommy, hold you". I love to scoop her up in my arms and she will lay her head up on my shoulder and snuggle for a moment- usually just a brief moment before she's off and playing again.  I love listening to her play with her baby dolls- saying "I wuv you" and blowing them kisses (just like I do with her at bedime/naptime).  I love listening to her sing- and she has just starting singing along with me.  I love watching her learn and put new things together.  I love watching her play with her daddy- usually she tells him to lay on the floor so she can climb all over him.  I love how she says "oh o-pay" when she's excited. I could go on and on.  For now though . . . I love my sweet Amelia May.

No comments:

Post a Comment