Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bible School

This year I volunteered to work at our church's Vacation Bible school.  The last time I worked VBS was when I was a children's minister (before kids) and then I was the VBS director every year!  It was a nice change of pace to be on the other end and just be responsible for my wild bunch of 4yr olds.  We all had a blast!  Amelia's 2yr old class participated in music and storytime and she was so excited each morning to go to 'bible school'.  The ladies in the baby room spoiled sweet Luke and I was able to slip away each morning while my group was in storytime to go feed Luke.

During the week I co-taught with my friend Jennifer.  She has 4 kiddos (Addison, Carter, Weston and Zane) and Amelia just loves them and they all love her.   Amelia and Zane are in the same class.

I had to be at my station by 8:45am so that meant we had to leave our house around 8 or 8:10 so we could get to church, drop off the kids and get to my spot on time.  Amelia usually sleeps until about 7:30 so we just had very quick and easy breakfasts in the car.  She LOVED it!





We did the Amazing Wonders Aviation theme- and Dan made a airplane out of cardboard and duck tape for the kids in my 4yr old class.  The kids LOVED it and kept fighting over who could be the pilot and co-pilot.




Family Night- all the little kids were up on stage right at the beginning to sing the 3 songs they learned.  The K-5th grade were at the back of the stage on risers to sing 3 more songs after the younger kids were done.  I was there to help with any of my 4yr old kids that came so we put Amelia up on stage since she had gone to music and had 'learned' the songs. 

I think Amelia and her friend were the only 2yr olds up on stage- the other little girl's mom is the music teacher. Amelia just stood there and watched the other kids, picked her nose!, she tried to get down, she tried to head back to the risers to sit with Addison, and luckily Carter was there to catch her a couple of times.


so funny!






No comments:

Post a Comment