On the way to Gatlinburg we went through a construction zone where the interstate went down to 1 lane . . . luckily Amelia did great. A family in our small group gave us their old portable DVD player and it was a lifesaver! Luke on the other hand did not like it so well- it was close to time for him to eat when we were inching along for about a hour just to go 7 or 8 miles. It was a long day!
At one point I looked back and found this. . . she was asleep holding her book
I moved the book and she pulled up her silky blanket and was out!
Grammy spotted this great kiddie park and we took Amelia one evening
towards the end of the ride Amelia got brave and started waving with both hands
Luke just hanging out
Choo Choo Train! She picked to ride this one next. When she got on with Daddy she looked so unsure- that is how she was on every ride. Very unsure at first. As soon as the ride started and was moving she would get a huge grin and love it!
Amelia really really wanted this one! She kept saying "I ride swing" or "I swing" from the time we got to the kiddie park area- we just wanted to try a couple of the other ones first
Check out her shoes- she picked out these Princess flip flops at the Disney outlet store- only cost us about $3.00! I kept trying to get her to pick the Minnie Mouse ones but she was insistent on the pink Princess ones- she wore them the rest of our trip!
Airplane ride- we thought she would like this and took a chance. We were a bit concerned she might get upset being by herself but we asked the lady running the ride. They were soo nice- we didn't actually pay for it until Amelia was up in the air and . . .
LOVING IT!
She seems like such a big girl riding up in the airplane all by herself! We were SOO PROUD of her!
Grammy thought it would be funny to start a new tradition- of having our picture made in front of this shoe (you know, from the Little old Lady who lived in a shoe and she had so many children she didn't know what to do!) Grammy said we have to keep coming back and taking our picture here the more kids we have :)
Such a crazy busy trip I didn't get many pictures of Grammy with the kids- but I just love this one. We were all so hot and sweaty after hanging out at the kiddie park- but I just love their big smiles!
Here's one of Papa with the kids
Whew! What a fun trip- lots of new people and time in the car. The kids did so great! They are awesome little travelers! Can't wait until our family camping vacation coming up in a few weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment