Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Ahh, I just love Mother's Day!


Mother's Day 2010- Amelia was about 6 weeks old
Last year Amelia was only about 6 weeks old and was still very much dependent on my care.  This year my amazing husband took care of everything.  He made me a wonderful breakfast, fed Amelia, got Amelia ready for church, made sure her diaper bag was packed and prepared her lunch, took us out to Olive Garden, then we went shopping for Amelia, and took me to get Marble Slab ice-cream.  Whew what a day!  It was just want I wanted! 

Amelia gives the best slobbery open-mouth kisses ever!



Saturday evening Dan had surprised me with going to River City Pottery to make something with Amelia's hand prints.  We decided on a fun plate with a polka dot border. Of course the color scheme is purple, pink and green.  Amelia's hand prints are going to be flowers.  We didn't quite finish the plate so I plan to go back this week to put the final touches.  So no picture of it yet but when it's done I will put up a picture of it.

I LOVE this big open mouth grin!  








Part of the shopping for Amelia included a fun water play "pool" area.  We have a little pool but I found this water play thing that I just couldn't get out of my mind.  It's perfect for Amelia's age- she just wants to walk and splash and move.  Check it out . . .


We didn't set up the slide yet (it goes to the right in the picture) but this little set is so cool.  Amelia walked in it for a couple of minutes but then realized the water was too cold and would have nothing more to do with it.  Hopefully on a nice warm afternoon she will love splashing around on this.


My Mother:

Mother's Day holds a whole new meaning now that I am a Mom.  I appreciate my Mom on a whole new level!  I am so thankful to my mother . . . she has taught me by example how to be a godly mother and wife.  We are closer now than ever- more like best friends really.  I hope I can have this same kind of close relationship with Amelia when she becomes a mom (a long long time from now).  I am so thankful to God for giving me an amazing Mother who has always been there for me!

My Mom, 2 brothers and myself
My Mom and I- Old Fashioned Day at church

My Mom and I always got a picture in the wild flowers when we went camping

My Mom and I at my wedding- she wasn't going to let an appendectomy keep her away

My Mom was right there as Amelia was born- she was one of the first to hear Amelia's name

wildflower tradition carries on with Amelia

4 Generations- Phyllis May (Great Grandma), Elizabeth May, Amelia May, and Sandra May (Grandma)
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment