Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bedtime Routine

After her bath each night we try to get Amelia to drink some milk before story time with Dada.  Amelia has been expressing exactly what she wants and does not want a lot more clearly lately. She will very clearly push her cup away from her even to the point of trying to knock it to the floor and point over to her beloved books.  She will cry and start to arch her back if we persist in trying to get her to take some of her milk.  Pitifully she will point at the books and say "daa" (her word for whatever it is she wants lately).  So we give in and reach for a book and Amelia will immediately perk up and bounce a little in our lap- like all right, that's what I wanted.  After several books Daddy and Mommy both get a snuggle time and once in her bed she will roll over onto her tummy and put her little butt up in the air and go to sleep!

Amelia loves her books!

One of Amelia's favorite books- I am a Bunny (also Dan's favorite as a toddler)

Dan reading the same book to Amelia when she was just 2 months old :)

Another favorite- Good Morning, Good Night!  Amelia knows how to turn the pages and open the flaps inside

I LOVE this picture- snuggles with Dada

Snuggles with Mommy

I love this one too!  (I don't have many good ones of Amelia and Mommy)

Getting comfy in her bed

**Some may wonder why we still have up her bumper-  I haven't had a reason to take it down . . . well until the past couple of mornings.  Before she had never put her feet on it or tried to use it to climb on. She sometimes will lay up against it or I will find her touching the butterflies and flowers.  However, just the past couple of mornings I found her standing on it so it will probably have to go soon :(

No comments:

Post a Comment