Dear Amelia,
I can't believe it has already been one year since you were born. That day, your birthday, changed my life forever. You were a dream come true- a beautiful baby girl with all that dark brown hair! The nurses couldn't get over how you already had some pretty auburn and blonde highlights in your hair! Those first few weeks were so tiring as your Daddy and I figured out what you liked and what you didn't like. You loved to be sung to- and somehow "I Can Show You the World" from Aladdin became a favorite. You always were a great sleeper and I was so glad when you started sleeping through the night right before you were 6 weeks old.
I have watched you grow over these 12 months . . . treasuring up all those very special "first" moments. I was committed to stay home with you and even though we have been very tight financially, it was all worth it! Seeing you smile, laugh, find your feet, sit up, scoot around, get your first teeth, learn to crawl, pull up on things, and now walking- it was all amazing! I can't even begin to imagine my life without you. You are so incredibly special to me- I don't think I can express in words just how much I love you. Mommy loves you so much!
Mommy and Daddy are so excited we get to watch you learn and grow- just don't do it all too quickly. We pray you will love God and ask him to be your Lord and Savior. God has an incredible journey for you, little one- He loves you even more and than Mommy and Daddy do.
My sweet Amelia, your grin and funny little laugh brighten my day and make me smile. Even though you don't say Momma yet- I know you're momma's girl. I love your sweet snuggles- first thing in the morning and right before nap time or bed time. You are learning so much- everyday it seems like there is something new you learn or discover. You study new things with such an intensity until you master it and then happily move on. You are going to be on independent little girl- you want to do things yourself. You also seem to be a bit mischievous- just like your Momma- which I absolutely love about you! You love your Daddy and have him wrapped around your little finger! Mommy and Daddy adore you and will always love you- no matter what!
Happy 1st Birthday sweet Amelia!
No comments:
Post a Comment