Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

I have found a group of Christian stay-at-home Moms in my area that meet up regularly for fun activities. I was so excited when I saw they were having an Easter Egg Hunt at a local park.  I started showing Amelia how to pick up eggs and put them in her basket to get her ready for the "big" event.  This is only the second time I have meet with this group of mom's so I am still getting to know everyone.  Amelia was the only one in her age group- the other kids were all 2- 5 yrs old and there were a couple of babies. 

The eggs were all placed out in a big open grassy area and the kids lined up along a fence.  When they said "go" all the "big" kids took off after the eggs.  Poor Amelia doesn't walk very fast in thick grass so I picked her up and ran for the middle of the area where the eggs were so she at least had a chance to pick up some.  She ended up with 4.  One I carefully moved right near her so she could get it. 




Showing me her eggs (last year Amelia fit in that bunny basket)

She quickly realized there was something in her egg and started to investigate. She would not smile or hardly look at me at all- she was concentrating so hard on getting what was inside that egg!


After the egg hunt it was time for lunch- Amelia and Baylee enjoyed eating outside

Some of the mom's brought riding toys and Amelia kept trying to get on them all morning- well after lunch most of the "big" kids were playing on the playground so I let Amelia have at the tricycle.




Upset because she couldn't make it move (her feet wouldn't reach the pedals and Mommy stopped pushing her)

Don't you just love the outfit?!  My consignment sale find- Gymboree outfit with matching hat for $4!

We joined the "big" kids a little later to play on the merry-go-round.  Amelia loved it even though she doesn't look like it!  When it was time to go she cried when I got her off of it. 








When we got home she was completely sacked out!


As I started to get her unbuckled she flopped her head over to the other side of her seat and put her little hand up so sweetly by her face.

Unfortunately after this little power nap- she wouldn't take her normal afternoon nap.  She may have dozed some but I could hear her playing and crying off and on the whole nap time. Let's just say this was one tired Mommy after chasing a new walker at the park all morning and then running between both girls all afternoon (Amelia and Baylee) to give paci's and lay big girls back down all in hopes of them taking a nap. Baylee finally gave in just a few minutes before her Daddy came to pick her up.  Sadly Amelia didn't sleep so we had a rough evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment