This year we wanted to try something new- to find a Christmas tree farm where we could cut down our own tree. I looked up online and found several places near us but none of them had the kind of tree we were specifically looking for- a Fraser fir. After a little research, I found out Fraser Firs don't grow well in our area but the Canaan fir (which is a hybrid of the Fraser Fir and a Balsam Fir) does. We found at tree farm just about an hour and 15 minutes south of us and we set off to get our tree. The guy did warn us that they didn't have many Canaan firs left but they had some pre-cut Fraser firs available as well.
Amelia loved these little ones- they are "just my size," she said.
Unfortunately these little trees were about all they had. There was one or two of the Canaan firs ready to cut but they didn't look great at all. So we took a look at the pre-cut Fraser firs- they were all too large for our space and just not what we were hoping for. I was so disappointed and we headed back to our usual Christmas tree lot- which is about 25 minutes north of us. So we drove the 1hr 15 minutes back toward our house and then another 25 minutes or so North to get to the Christmas tree lot we have gone to the past several years. Let me just say- I was overwhelmed with the awesome quality and selection of Fraser Firs. I was in heaven- walking though the forest of trees trying to pick the "perfect" one for our space. Not to fat but I don't like the skinny ones either.
We finally decided on this one- right behind us :)
No comments:
Post a Comment